2. Buy a crate for your dog or buy a litter box for your cat It is recommended to buy a crate that will fit the size of your dog as an adult. Many scoopable or clumping cat litters are not environmentally friendly because of toxins.
3. Buy a carrier (if the pet is small)
4. Take your dog or cat to a veterinarian to have it examined for its health. It is best to examine your pet even if you bought them from a pet store.
5. Keep track of what shots are given to your dog or cat, when they were given, and by whom.
6. If your dog is a puppy and has not had ALL of their vaccines, do not take your puppy to public places including dog parks or walks around the block as this increases its exposure to germs.